Re: Introductions

N5VMO Pat

Bruce check out the YouTube videos of the RaDAR group has done over the years on their outings =)   Wires and Mini-loops are used by many here as to keep a lite weight and small pack out =)    Check out Eddies blog and Greg's blogs as others =)   Each has a different answer and work for them =)    I have yet to make a mini loop antenna and usually do wire dipoles, long wire and a vertical mounted on a camera tripod =)

DSCF1701.JPG

and  wires
DSCF1671.JPG

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 7:02 PM Bruce Hymon <Hymonb@...> wrote:
Bruce K8CJM
New to this group. Have not yet operated portable but I am considering a backpack station. I have watched some You Tube videos and have an idea on the equipment (plan FT981, Draws Workstation, LiFePo4 batteries) but I don’t know what will work for an antenna. Maybe we could have a section on what has worked well for other)

Thanks for the interesting group. 73, Bruce K8CJM Dayton, Ohio

--
73's Pat  N5VMO