Re: Take the RaDAR Challenge on Saturday July 10th 2021

Greg Lane

Very interesting on NVIS and WSPR Eddie. I'll check out the logging. I'll be in Missouri at Stockton State park. That will be different, likely I'll be on 17 and 20 meters. Being Parks On The Air could draw some contacts.

You know maybe we could do something in parallel with the Portable Operations Challenge Sept 4 & 5th. Their scoring would be interesting with RaDAR.  Who knows?

Thanks,

Greg

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021, 2:05 PM Eddie Leighton <edleighton@...> wrote:
Thanks for the message Greg.

Getting ready here in ZS too. Using the monitoring station idea agai which proved very helpful in April.

RaDAR_MonitorStationFrequencies.png

Also in line with the RaDAR Sport idea I spoke about in my QSO Today presentation I have built a simple online community based logbook where if all use it correctly then the RaDAR Challenge progress can be seen in real time. I have also been experimenting with WSPR for NVIS predictions. I have a WSPR TX and WSPR RX 29km apart. If the RX hears my TX I KNOW NVIS conditions are present. Band conditions are very up and down lately but I'm going out and many other CW guys with QRP rigs, mostly QCX Mini's.

For interests sake the URL is http://www.radarops.co.za/zsportal/

Have fun and 73 de Eddie ZS6BNE