Topics

RE : Re: RE : [RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

Dimitri F4DSK

David,

You're right about the QRM. But I prefer to send a 2nd time "AD4TJ 599 001 001" one time every 100 QSO because you didn't know it was to you than to send AD4TJ 599 001 001 AD4TJ at each QSO. It is a 45.45  bauds rate so easy to calculate the time saved 😉
And if it happen's too often, it's because "you" have a bad run frequency  (too much QRM around), QSY.
I'm always low power (no amplifier at the station since 2 years), so I know what it is to run into the QRM when I do 2000+ QSO during a CQWW RTTY ... 
I already tried "your" macro in the past. No gain and wasted time.
And think about SO2R timing ...

73 de Dimitri F4DSK / TM3Z 

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

-------- Message d'origine --------
De : David Tanks <ad4tj@...>
Date : 07/01/2020 15:28 (GMT+01:00)
À : "David AD4TJ via Groups.Io" <ad4tj@...>, Rttydigital Reflector <rttydigital@groups.io>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@groups.io>, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...>
Objet : Re: RE : [RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

The problem is when conditions on the receiving end may be less than perfect; see this example:

CQ RU AD4TJ AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK F4DSK  ( by the way, some only send their call once )
AGN AGN
F4DSK F4DSK
F4DSK 599 VA VA F4DSK ( if I don't include F4DSK at the end, if the first one is QRMed, QRNed, QSBed, then F4DSK doesn't know who I am replying to )
AD4TJ 599 0010
NR NR
0010 0010 0010
TU DE AD4TJ QRZ

If you don't see the reasoning here, then you have never experienced working contests with less than reasonable antennas. Not everyone can put up tri-band HF beams at 60 feet or full-size dipoles at 100 feet!

By the way:  Phone or SSB; what are they?!?

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 8:38:52 AM EST, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...> wrote:

Hi David,

<<<<
1. Sometimes the other station does not include a call in their reply; to whom are they replying to if the call is not there?
>>>>

When I S&P, I send my reply without callsign. 

During a phone contest, it will not hurt you, I think, if there's something like : 
AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK 
F4DSK 59 VA
QSL 599 001
TNX AD4TJ CQ

So where is the difference during a RTTY contest with :
CQ AD4TJ AD4TJ CQ 
F4DSK F4DSK 
F4DSK 599 VA VA
TU 599 001 001
TU AD4TJ CQ

You already know YOUR callsign so why is it necessary to send it ?
If I have a callsign to send with the reply, it will be :
 TU 599 001 001 F4DSK (if you have my call incorrect)
In the same way, it's very boring to read, during a run :
F4DSK F4DSK DE XX1XX XX1XX PSE K
...... 😨 I know who I am ! Of course, we are maybe 2 stations running on the same frequency but 99.9 % of the time, such macros are due to bad practices.

Save your time to send the exchange twice (you right about that !!!)

De : "David AD4TJ via Groups.Io" <ad4tj@...>
Date : 07/01/2020 14:02 (GMT+01:00)
À : Rttydigital Reflector <rttydigital@groups.io>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@groups.io>
Cc : RTTY@groups.io
Objet : [RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

Some stations did not send a signal report as part of the exchange as the rules REQUIRE, not just suggested. Sigh. I guess I will still include them in my log.

Two Break Rule: who in the world thought that one up? Many people just operated as it is very hard to understand; even though there were some examples shown, it still remains a mystery as to how to handle it.

Pet Peeves:

1. Sometimes the other station does not include a call in their reply; to whom are they replying to if the call is not there?

2. Some stations only send their important info once, whether it is a State, Serial Number, whatever. If there is QRM, QRN, QSB, that info is not received. How hard is it to send it twice?

Ok. Flame suit on!

73, David AD4TJ

Dimitri F4DSK

Hello Martin,

Assuming you're running (otherwise they send your call in the reply), it is their problem ! We must know (and be sure) about who we are calling. You will not lose points for that !

De : Martin Berube <ve2nmb@...>
Date : 07/01/2020 15:36 (GMT+01:00)
À : RTTY@groups.io
Objet : Re: RE : [RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

<<<
>>>

Well you should sending the other station callsign in exchange.  I personally rely on this to validate if the other station gor my callsign correctly.   

I can't count how many times stations send VE2MOB instead of VE2NMB.

-- 
73,  Martin
VA2PX,VE2NMB

Le mar. 7 janv. 2020 à 08:38, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...> a écrit :
Hi David,

<<<<
>>>>

During a phone contest, it will not hurt you, I think, if there's something like : 
AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK 
F4DSK 59 VA
QSL 599 001
TNX AD4TJ CQ

So where is the difference during a RTTY contest with :
CQ AD4TJ AD4TJ CQ 
F4DSK F4DSK 
F4DSK 599 VA VA
TU 599 001 001
TU AD4TJ CQ

If I have a callsign to send with the reply, it will be :
 TU 599 001 001 F4DSK (if you have my call incorrect)
In the same way, it's very boring to read, during a run :
F4DSK F4DSK DE XX1XX XX1XX PSE K
...... 😨 I know who I am ! Of course, we are maybe 2 stations running on the same frequency but 99.9 % of the time, such macros are due to bad practices.

Save your time to send the exchange twice (you right about that !!!)