De : David Tanks <ad4tj@...>
Date : 07/01/2020 15:28 (GMT+01:00)
À : "David AD4TJ via Groups.Io" <ad4tj@...>, Rttydigital Reflector <rttydigital@groups.io>, RTTY Reflector <rtty@groups.io>, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...>
Objet : Re: RE : [RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU

The problem is when conditions on the receiving end may be less than perfect; see this example:

CQ RU AD4TJ AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK F4DSK  ( by the way, some only send their call once )
AGN AGN
F4DSK F4DSK
F4DSK 599 VA VA F4DSK ( if I don't include F4DSK at the end, if the first one is QRMed, QRNed, QSBed, then F4DSK doesn't know who I am replying to )
AD4TJ 599 0010
NR NR
0010 0010 0010
TU DE AD4TJ QRZ

If you don't see the reasoning here, then you have never experienced working contests with less than reasonable antennas. Not everyone can put up tri-band HF beams at 60 feet or full-size dipoles at 100 feet!

By the way:  Phone or SSB; what are they?!?

On Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 8:38:52 AM EST, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...> wrote:

Hi David,

<<<<
1. Sometimes the other station does not include a call in their reply; to whom are they replying to if the call is not there?

When I S&P, I send my reply without callsign.

During a phone contest, it will not hurt you, I think, if there's something like :
AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK
F4DSK 59 VA
QSL 599 001
TNX AD4TJ CQ

So where is the difference during a RTTY contest with :
CQ AD4TJ AD4TJ CQ
F4DSK F4DSK
F4DSK 599 VA VA
TU 599 001 001
TU AD4TJ CQ

You already know YOUR callsign so why is it necessary to send it ?
If I have a callsign to send with the reply, it will be :
 TU 599 001 001 F4DSK (if you have my call incorrect)
In the same way, it's very boring to read, during a run :
F4DSK F4DSK DE XX1XX XX1XX PSE K
...... 😨 I know who I am ! Of course, we are maybe 2 stations running on the same frequency but 99.9 % of the time, such macros are due to bad practices.

Save your time to send the exchange twice (you right about that !!!)

73 de Dimitri F4DSK / TM3Z

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
De : Martin Berube <ve2nmb@...>
Date : 07/01/2020 15:36 (GMT+01:00)
À : RTTY@groups.io

<<<
When I S&P, I send my reply without callsign.
You already know YOUR callsign so why is it necessary to send it ?

Well you should sending the other station callsign in exchange.  I personally rely on this to validate if the other station gor my callsign correctly.

I can't count how many times stations send VE2MOB instead of VE2NMB.

--
73,  Martin
VA2PX,VE2NMB

Le mar. 7 janv. 2020 à 08:38, Dimitri F4DSK <cosson-dimitri@...> a écrit :