Topics

NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR

Greetings Diddlers:

Nothing like an upcoming contest to bring out the stations!  16 3830 reports last week with a number of stations we have not seen for a while.  20 meters seems to be waking up just a bit so don’t forget to check it at the start!

Looks like the only RTTY test this weekend is an RSGB club contest, so the weekend is cw/ssb centric.  So now that your RTTY skills are in top shape after the RTTY RU, why not jump in for something that is similar but somehow different: sprinting!  Please join us for 30 minutes of dial twisting and chase down all those stations that just won’t stay put.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening get together:

Friday, 11 Jan 2019, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 10 Jan 2019 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band.-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.

Contestonlinescore.com has a slot set up for us if you’d like to make sure your logger is talking to the world.  Select NCCC NA RTTY Sprint.

Report scores to 3830scores.com, and join us at 0300Z on 3610 kHz (+/- a few for ongoing groups) for comments and questions (and dinner menus).

Diddle diddle,

Ken K6MR

_._,_._,_

Ken K6MR

Greetings Diddlers:

Conditions and participation down just a bit, but I think HB9CAT has qualified as our first HB9 and perhaps first European station.  Not that we on the west coast could hear him but welcome Marco.  Always great to have new stations.  Maybe if we ever get out these solar conditions we’ll make the connection.

I don’t see anything on the RTTY calendar for the weekend, so please join us this week and keep those diddles in tune.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening (in NA)  get together:

Friday, 18 Jan 2019, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 17 Jan 2019 in NA)
[...]

Most of the usual suspects were around last week.  Even WD0T came out of the basement (wait, now he’s operating from his basement!) to join in the fun.

This weekend has the BARTG RTTY Sprint on tap, so you have an excuse to fire up the diddling machine this Thursday and check it out.  For some of our newer participants, the BARTG Sprint isn’t quite what we are used to in a Sprint but still a good time to be had by all.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening (in NA)  get together:

Friday, 25 Jan 2019, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 24 Jan 2019 in NA)
[...]

David G3YYD

The BARTG Sprint rules can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15LFiY9fKADtwkiitZR2a0eJaEVcfBUAM/view

Note the exchange is just the serial number no RST.

73 David G3YYD

[...]

Tom Ryan

There will be lots of diddling going on in the Winter Field Day event also this weekend!  Hope to work you all!!
73 de Tom KD6TR

David G3YYD

Tom

It is not a sprint in the NA sense of a sprint. It just means it lasts for 24 hours rather than 48 and callsign and serial number are sent and logged. RST is not sent.

73 David G3YYD