Topics

Last RTTY Roundup practice sessions

jeff stai wk6i

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Last chance to check station, macros, and operator before the real thing.

2200-2230 UTC, 3 January (Friday afternoon NA time) - RTTY focus
2230-2300 UTC, 3 January (Friday afternoon NA time) - FT4/8 focus

0200-0230 UTC, 4 January (Friday evening NA time) - RTTY focus
0230-0300 UTC, 4 January (Friday evening NA time) - FT4/8 focus

"Focus" just means: let's focus on RTTY or FT for the 30 minutes - but if you want to practice switching back and forth between RTTY and FT by all means do so. I expect you'll find others of a like mind, it sounds like a good exercise.

Operate just like it's the real thing that starts on Saturday the 4th. Use whatever bands are open and active for you at each time slot. For FT8, let's avoid the default "watering holes" - the following dial frequencies as recommended by Joe K1JT in the January 2019 QST** would be a good starting place: 3590, 7080, 14130, 21130, 28160.

For FT4 - since FT4 is a designated contest mode anyway - start with the default dial frequencies currently baked into WSJT-x 2.1: 3575, 7047.5, 14080, 21140, 28180.

Most of all, have fun over the weekend in the RTTY Round-Up! Take some photos of your operation and send them and/or a summary of your experience to me, Jeff WK6I - especially anything around your decisions on how to use (or not use) FT8. It will help me write up the contest for the QST article.

Also good for practice: NS RTTY Sprint, Thursday night at 1745 Pacific time. http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html

73 jeff wk6i

** Below is a link to the article by Joe K1JT for reference.

--
Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff@...
RTTY op at W7RN