Topics

Activity for Winter Field Day this Weekend Jan 25-26

Scott Green - K7JSG

I was wondering if anyone will be listening for RTTY signals this weekend for the Winter Field Day event.

I will be calling CQ for Winter Field Day on 20 and 40 meters during the event starting at 19:00 UTC on Jan 25 and ending 19:00 UTC on Jan 26.

If you are planning to participate in Winter Field Day let me know.

Thanks,

Scott
K7JSG
Woodinville, WA

Ken K6MR

I’m not sure how much activity there will be in the WFD, but it overlaps the BARTG RTTY Sprint.  There should be a fair amount of activity for that one.  The trick will be getting folks to give you their section.  Put out a request on this and maybe the CQ Contest list and you may have some success..

Ken K6MR

I was wondering if anyone will be listening for RTTY signals this weekend for the Winter Field Day event.

I will be calling CQ for Winter Field Day on 20 and 40 meters during the event starting at 19:00 UTC on Jan 25 and ending 19:00 UTC on Jan 26.

If you are planning to participate in Winter Field Day let me know.

Thanks,

Scott
K7JSG
Woodinville, WA

Scott Green - K7JSG

Winter Field Day is not sponsored by ARRL so they use different categories.  There are only three, Home, Outdoor and Indoor.  They do use the ARRL Section as part of the exchange.  Just to let everyone know FT8 or FT4 is not allowed for this contest.  So most digital contacts will be on RTTY or PSK31.

Since I will be operating from home and using 2 radios.  My exchange will be K7JSG 2H WWA.

Here is a link to the WFD rules:  https://a2a53e2b-2285-4083-9cff-c99fe5ba1658.filesusr.com/ugd/1c7085_8fa2f4f66e5e40b29a79d014ec53578f.pdf

Thanks,

Scott - K7JSG

Tom Ryan

You bet!!  W7PIG will be on the air with RTTY and maybe PSK31for  the entire contest!  Lots of Fun!!

73 Tom  KD6TR