From: Kermit (aka Ken) via RTTY<mailto:rtty@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2017 1:32 PM
To: whiter26@...<mailto:whiter26@...>; rtty@...<mailto:rtty@...>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sprints

Sprinting isn't all that difficult to learn and it is fun. I learned by
participating in the Thursday evening RTTY events where the power limit is
100w.

So naively I decided to do the contest last March. Well, I was surprised
to learn high power was allowed. I gave it a try anyway but was a short
guy in a jump ball contest. Not my kind of ball game.

I mentioned this to K6MR whose response was along the line, "I feel your
pain but I think more is better." I think he meant more power. Rather than
more participants.

I don't think he was referring to my pain.

A suggestion for a Thursday morning session fell flat.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 2017-03-12 2:58:09 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,
whiter26@... writes:

To get familiar with Sprints and the QSY rule you need to join the practice
group that meets every Thursday at 0145z to 0215z

They usually are on 14080 - 7080 - 3580.

Operators like KI8W need to join this group and learn how to work the
sprints before a real contest. I joined the group at age 89 and although I
am not as experienced as others I still am fairly good in a sprint and have
some fun..

Dick KS0m

Richard C. "Dick" White

Fulton, MO 65251 U.S.A