Topics

locked Blacklist still in-force

Stephen Thomas Cole

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stephen Cole <stcphotographic@...>
Date: 15 September 2019 at 18:04:14 BST
To: RSGB-Workshop@groups.io
Subject: RSGBTech blacklist still in-force

Hello. I’m posting this here as the matter was previously raised here by the new RSGBTech moderator, Peter Martinez; specifically his claim that there was no longer a blacklist in operation at RSGBTech. Sadly, that seems to be incorrect. When I attempt to subscribe to that group I receive an error message saying “That email has been banned from the group”.

I emailed Peter about this directly 24 hours ago but have received no reply from him, and the blacklist continues to be in place.

I do hope that this tawdry scenario is merely an oversight that will be immediately rectified, rather than anything more sinister.

Steve M0TEY

Dave Wade

Stephen,

  I expect Peter meant he was approving requests. The trouble is that if any one has been banned, it’s a sticky setting and Peter would need to “un-ban” any addresses in advance.

  So go to “Members” , click on the “members” button and choose “banned”, select the member and select “unbanned” from the actions list.

Dave

G4UGM

Hello. I’m posting this here as the matter was previously raised here by the new RSGBTech moderator, Peter Martinez; specifically his claim that there was no longer a blacklist in operation at RSGBTech. Sadly, that seems to be incorrect. When I attempt to subscribe to that group I receive an error message saying “That email has been banned from the group”.

I emailed Peter about this directly 24 hours ago but have received no reply from him, and the blacklist continues to be in place.

I do hope that this tawdry scenario is merely an oversight that will be immediately rectified, rather than anything more sinister.

Steve M0TEY

Peter G3PLX <Peter.Martinez@...>

Steve said:
Peter said there is no blacklist, but this is not borne out by reality.
Yes there was a blacklist in the Yahoo days but it did not seem to have
propagated across to groups.io, hence my statement. It was only when Steve
tried to join that we realised it was in there somewhere, searched for it
and found it.

My apologies to Steve for inadvertently misleading him.

73
Peter G3PLX