locked Re: LSB / USB Usage

Andy G4JNT

As someone stated in a PM
"I have a feeling that we have actually answered the original question and it is now time to close the thread"

Done
(or will be once this is posted)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 21:59, Peter Chadwick via Groups.Io <g8on=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I feel that we have determined where it came from - the CCIR probably as a result of input from the UK GPO - and we can question 'Does it really matter?'

I don't think it does....especially with modern rigs, the increase in cost is pennies and there are occasion where
it can be useful in contacting older rigs.

the input from G3NJV seems to confirm the why and where for, and really, it needs to be consigned to historical records. But it really doesn't hurt to keep the differentiation.....Plus the 80m DXing crowd would need to drop 3kHz if USB was adopted...and many operators couldn't understand that!

73

Peter G3RZP