Topics

Update on MCSA #201 - Move from Eureka Springs, AR to Anna, TX

Elden Baker

The following is an excerpt from the City of Anna Parks Advisory Board staff report.

    Best regards,
    Elden Baker

Sherley Heritage Park Steam Locomotive

Reader Industries has transported all the parts for the Steam Locomotive No. 201 to Reader, Arkansas. The major parts of the train are being cleaned in preparation for the restoration process. The front boiler (smokebox) is going to be completely replaced because it is more deteriorated than what was originally thought. Reader Industries has performed replacement work on other steam locomotives and does not see the replacement to be an issue in completing the restoration project.

To ensure the proper placement of the Steam Locomotive No. 201 and a sound foundation to support the 50-ton train, staff is having a survey and geotechnical field and laboratory investigation performed. The tracks are being designed and engineered by Jacobs engineering.

Dennis Hogan

Congratulations!

Tom Roise

Very exciting news.

Tom Roise

On Oct 18, 2020, at 8:16 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Congratulations!

Dennis Hogan

Now if we could just get that EL&RR ten-wheeler out of the warehouse
on the abandoned spur in McKinney...

Gerard Kelley

Howdy
Okay Dennis I've been around for quite a while and I am totally unaware of a locomotive on a discontinued spur in a warehouse in McKinney. It's a cool Monday morning slightly overcast expected so please tell us the story.

G. Kelley
Arlington Tx

Now if we could just get that EL&RR ten-wheeler out of the warehouse
on the abandoned spur in McKinney...

Dennis Hogan

Edited

“This railway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you're on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable...Go as far as you like on this track. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop. . ."

texaszephyr

The only abandoned steam engine stored in a warehouse that I’ve ever heard of around here is the P-14 down at Houston.