Topics

South Plains Lamesa Railroad

Dennis Hogan

Wow ! How have I not heard of this operation?
https://splrr.com/

Scott Kelm

On trips to Lubbock over the last several years I have crossed their track coming through Lamesa. I've never seen any action, but have seen cars stored there. I believe this line is the ex-Santa Fe to Lamesa.

Scott Kelm

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 09:52:24 PM CDT, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Wow ! How have I not heard of this operation?
https://splrr.com/

texaszephyr

It's been there for years. Its on the SE side of Slaton off whats left of the Slaton to Lamesa branch.

TZ

On Oct 14, 2020, at 9:52 PM, Dennis Hogan wrote:

Wow ! How have I not heard of this operation?
https://splrr.com/

Dennis Hogan

I recall the original shortline after Santa Fe spun it off.  We were driving back from
Albuquerque in the early to mid 1990s and stopped at Lamesa.
There was a Santa Fe Geep parked by the depot/office that the shortline had leased.
I don't think service to Lamesa lasted too many years.

To think Santa Fe still ran steam (like #1010) to Lamesa in the year I was born just about
an hour south.