Topics

OT: Hotel Blessing

Dennis Hogan

Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

Scott Kelm

Have not been there for a few years but used to hit the buffet lunch after bird hunting. You will not be disappointed.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:09 AM, Dennis Hogan
<denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:
Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

Tom Roise

Still with an active rail line two blocks away !!

Tom Roise

On Oct 15, 2020, at 12:09 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

Scott Kelm

Yes. It is in Steve Goen's Valley Eagle DVD from a few years ago.

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 08:09:11 AM CDT, Tom Roise via groups.io <tomroise@...> wrote:

Still with an active rail line two blocks away !!

Tom Roise

On Oct 15, 2020, at 12:09 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

chris tolley

I've been wanting to go back down there ever since I got invited to ride between Bay City and Bloomington. Fun trip. Was worth playing hooky from work for. Reasonable prices. May make a weekend out of it in the near future.

Chris Tolley
Houston, TX

Yes. It is in Steve Goen's Valley Eagle DVD from a few years ago.
On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 08:09:11 AM CDT, Tom Roise via groups.io <tomroise@...> wrote:

Still with an active rail line two blocks away !!

Tom Roise

On Oct 15, 2020, at 12:09 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

texaszephyr

The Valley Eagle trip was fun. Lots of great memories, like raiding that all you can eat seafood place in Port O’Connor, or bailing on Skip when the DPS pulled over Racer Extera. Or Skip’s nephew shooting an entire roll of Kodachrome 64 because he had no understanding of film vs. digital.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 10:40 PM, chris tolley <hct9679@...> wrote:

I've been wanting to go back down there ever since I got invited to ride between Bay City and Bloomington. Fun trip. Was worth playing hooky from work for. Reasonable prices. May make a weekend out of it in the near future.

Chris Tolley
Houston, TX

Yes. It is in Steve Goen's Valley Eagle DVD from a few years ago.
On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 08:09:11 AM CDT, Tom Roise via groups.io <tomroise@...> wrote:

Still with an active rail line two blocks away !!

Tom Roise

On Oct 15, 2020, at 12:09 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Looks like a neat old historical place to eat and perhaps overnight:

https://hotelblessing.com/about-us/

Skip Waters

All true...  and fun... and memorable... and when are we going to do it again???

Skip