Southern Forest Heritage Museum

Dennis Hogan

It seems that they have upgraded their website:
Southern Forest Heritage Museum

Check out their online archival collections including railroad photographs:
SFHM online archives

Everett Lueck

We have been busy of late with a new director and much increased activity on the site as well as the website.
For more information as to what is going on with the museum railroad specifically,  go to this website:

and click on the work sessions tab and you will be able to see what our small group of volunteers has been able to achieve.

We urge  you to come and join us.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 01:30:51 PM CDT, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

It seems that they have upgraded their website:
Southern Forest Heritage Museum

Check out their online archival collections including railroad photographs:
SFHM online archives

Everett Lueck

Several other books are available on the website, including several by Dr. Barnett on various phases of logging and forestry operations, as well as a pair of books on the Red River and Gulf Railroad, and its currently being cosmetically restored, 4-6-0 locomotive #106.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 01:30:51 PM CDT, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

It seems that they have upgraded their website:
Southern Forest Heritage Museum

Check out their online archival collections including railroad photographs:
SFHM online archives

Dennis Hogan

Everett, you are the museum's top promoter!
You are to be commended for keeping us informed about this work in progress--and for your hard work there.

Everett Lueck

Hard work it may be, but preserving history is not only work but lots of fun.  Along the way I have been privileged to meet and work with a lot of better people than myself and learn from them.

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 01:43:16 PM CDT, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Everett, you are the museum's top promoter!
You are to be commended for keeping us informed about this work in progress--and for your hard work there.

Tom Roise

Amen Dennis !!

Tom Roise

On May 18, 2021, at 1:43 PM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Everett, you are the museum's top promoter!
You are to be commended for keeping us informed about this work in progress--and for your hard work there.

reubeft

Drove with a Corvette group from Mississippi, plus be a RR nut.  Really enjoyed myself, plus taking about 50+ pics.
Hope they get the funding, etc., great time capsule of the mid-20th century logging op's.
Worth a road trip or weekend vacation.
Reuben @ Poplarville, Ms on NS mainline

Tom Roise

What a great excuse for the trip. I hope everyone at least pitched in an hour of good labor for the museum!!

Tom Roise

On May 20, 2021, at 8:58 AM, reubeft via groups.io <reubeft@...> wrote:

Drove with a Corvette group from Mississippi, plus be a RR nut.  Really enjoyed myself, plus taking about 50+ pics.
Hope they get the funding, etc., great time capsule of the mid-20th century logging op's.
Worth a road trip or weekend vacation.
Reuben @ Poplarville, Ms on NS mainline

Dennis Hogan

Tom:  when's your Rolls Roise Club going to make a road trip there?

reubeft

Per the RR or Bentley club.  If I could afford one much prefer a Porsche Gt3, Ferrari 458, Lambo hurrcan.  As a Boy Scout at 13 went to BSA jamboree and NY 1964 Worlds Fair
  Sat in a demo C2 Vette, LOVE 💖 AT 1ST.  2015 Low miles 2004 C5 Le Mans coupe.  My new baby.  All the other Vettes, Ferraris, Porsches, etc. Are 1/24 - 1/12 scale.  Plus my stack 1/87 (unbuilt) railroad empire.
Hope to get back with some other RR local nuts for a return visit.  Heard about the museum went it first got going at a local NRHS banquet.  Always wanted to go.  Really like to go again.  Really nice in the spring and fall.  Next to former T&P now the  "ugh" UP main.
Reuben @ Poplarville,Ms.  on the former SR now "NS" are as a employee called it to me "Nickel S**t RR.
REUBEN