Topics

Testing out the new toy

Nathan Herring

Hello all,

Purchased a Canon 70-200 F4L lens last week from a friend who was updating his equipment. Had time off on Saturday morning to go try it out.

Headed out to Cuyler on the Panhandle Sub where I was able to catch a pair of ethanol trains

First up was BNSF 7942 East with a Watson, CA to Axtell, NE empty ethanol (of course the clouds showed up lol)

About 20 minutes later a Wolsey, SD to Phoenix, AZ loaded ethanol made its way past, and the clouds parted long enough for the DP to have good light

I knew I had two trains headed for the Red River Valley Sub so I decided to go catch them. However after realizing that one would be using Red River Main 1 I headed to Grand St. to catch it where I got blocked by clouds again

After that I didn’t want to deal with the clouds anymore so I headed home.

Here are the trains plus the windmill train from early June on video

Matt Shell

Nice.

I've had this lens for years, also purchased mine from a friend who I don't think ever used it. It's a fine piece of glass.

Matt

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 9:20 PM Nathan Herring <panhandlerails@...> wrote:
[...]

Jerry Storrs

I picked up a 75-300 for my T6 at a pawn shop for a good price and love it.  SPfan