From: RS-TALON@groups.io [mailto:RS-TALON@groups.io] On Behalf Of survivingworldsteam via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 10:02 AM
To: rs-talon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Railspot] Ditch Lights

Mars lights have not been used in a long time.  Since they used a mechanical device to rotate the light around, it was high maintenance, and fell out of favor.

I remember staying at my grandparents house next to the tracks in the 1970s.  I would sit on the front stoop, and every now and then, I would stand on the tracks and look in both directions.  When I saw a rhythmic flash on the horizon, I knew it was the mars light of an approaching train; and would sit on the stoop and wait for it to pass.

-James Hefner