Re: Monterrey-San Antonio passenger service?

SCHULTZE

I recall chasing the Amtrak Test Train from SAT to LRD.  It was a grey and rainy day.  The train moved along well, but then sat for hours in LRD and i don't think it every crossed into Mexico.  It was a disaster and not repeated.  The traffic pattern on the bridge is one problem. But the biggest one is clearing customs.   It could be done in SAT and the train 'sealed'. Or enroute.   But there seems to be no inclination to do so.

Norm Schultze

On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 09:49:22 AM CST, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Seems to me this was kicked around in the early 1990s.
Monterrey-to-San Antonio passenger rail service