Re: Heartland Flyer update

Mike Murray

An auto carrier should never be over weight. They are designed to get the maximun with out being over weight. The CDL depends on what state it is from. Texas can only suspend a Texas CDL for a railroad crossing violation. If it is from another state who knows. I doubt his employer will be very happy with the driver. Texas can suspend a CDL for 60 days for the first rail crossing violation is what I find.

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 10:37 PM Gene Poon <sheehans2016@...> wrote:
Commentary from a resident of the area is that renegade truck drivers often use that road to avoid a weigh station on the Interstate.  

Whatever...the driver just saw his commercials drivers license go up in a cloud of dust.  Back to digging ditches or flipping burgers...

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 5:28 PM texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:
Thanks for the correction on the number. My goof.
> On Oct 16, 2021, at 10:02 AM, Steve Grabman via groups.io <sgrabman=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> The 197 is the loco that derailed and sustained damage and is currently in the yard at Ardmore.  197 is also a Big Game Train engine.  The rest of the train ran back to Fort Worth early this morning.  After seeing video of the crash, I’m amazed no one was seriously injured.
>
> Steve Grabman
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 16, 2021, at 8:53 AM, texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Last night the northbound HF struck a semi and auto transport trailer that had high centered on a grade crossing between Thackerville and Marietta.
>>
>> The crossing was a county road and had signs warning trucks that they would high center.
>>
>> The HF struck the truck and trailer, derailing the lead truck on the lead loco #157 and doing considerable damage to it and one of the pass cars.
>>
>> #157 is one of the special Big Game Train locos.
>>
>> TZ
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

Join RS-TALON@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.