Re: Heartland Flyer update

texaszephyr

Plus oversized loads will not clear the old HWY 77 underpass located about a half mile south. So they turn off on county roads like the one last night.

On Oct 16, 2021, at 10:37 PM, Gene Poon <sheehans2016@...> wrote:

Commentary from a resident of the area is that renegade truck drivers often use that road to avoid a weigh station on the Interstate.  

Whatever...the driver just saw his commercials drivers license go up in a cloud of dust.  Back to digging ditches or flipping burgers...

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 5:28 PM texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:
Thanks for the correction on the number. My goof.
> On Oct 16, 2021, at 10:02 AM, Steve Grabman via groups.io <sgrabman=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> The 197 is the loco that derailed and sustained damage and is currently in the yard at Ardmore.  197 is also a Big Game Train engine.  The rest of the train ran back to Fort Worth early this morning.  After seeing video of the crash, I’m amazed no one was seriously injured.
>
> Steve Grabman
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 16, 2021, at 8:53 AM, texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:
>>
>> Last night the northbound HF struck a semi and auto transport trailer that had high centered on a grade crossing between Thackerville and Marietta.
>>
>> The crossing was a county road and had signs warning trucks that they would high center.
>>
>> The HF struck the truck and trailer, derailing the lead truck on the lead loco #157 and doing considerable damage to it and one of the pass cars.
>>
>> #157 is one of the special Big Game Train locos.
>>
>> TZ
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

Join RS-TALON@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.