Re: Nacodoches loco

Everett Lueck

You can move anything if you are willing to pay the price!

If you work on a limited budget, you do things the most cost effective way.

There is another locomotive move coming down next week and I have seen the original bids for both of these moves, and my guess is that this procedure saved a substantial amount of money that could be put toward the restoration, rather than the move.

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 07:37:16 PM CDT, D. Howard Bingham <ke5apj@...> wrote:

Why did the rear truck need removing, the entire length of that SMALL locomotive would have easily fit on any Low Boy Float trailer with ROOM TO SPARE.

I've see Caterpiller Earth Moving Equipment longer & wider than this locomotive being moved & only problem was "WIDTH"

D. Howard Bingham

--

On 10/12/2021 2:37 PM, Everett Lueck wrote:
Not a cutting torch.  A metal cutting disc, to get a smooth cut.  As I explained earlier,  the u joints were frozen and the rear truck had to be removed to transport the loco.

On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 12:28:57 PM CDT, Mike Murray <mikemurray6044@...> wrote:

This shows them using a cutting torch on the drive shaft.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lViQ6N3u978

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 10:10 AM Tom Roise via groups.io <tomroise=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Amazing !!!!