Re: Amtrak #1 detoured on the Katy after Luling freight derailment

texaszephyr

Was it where the wind mill truck got hit?

TZ

On Sep 14, 2021, at 3:34 PM, SCHULTZE <schultze@...> wrote:

I happened to be driving by the site of the derailment on Monday.  There were lots of Hulcher and UP heavy equipment.   There were 3 UP heavy hi-railers and a small trencher around the west siding switch.  That looked to be where things got torn up. The culprit appeared to be an empty rock train headed west.     I didn't stop to take a close look or get in the way.

Norm

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, 03:28:31 PM CDT, Randy Lundgren via groups.io <texchief@...> wrote:

Anybody have any details on the Luling derailment?

Thanks.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX