Re: [LRMRG] separated grade crossings in Louisiana

Everett Lueck

There are multiple separated grade crossings in the state using overhead highway crossings to replace grade crossings, and in Lafayette, University street goes under the east yard leads, while Ambassador Caffery goes over.  In Baton Rouge, I-110 goes under the KCS as well. So lots of separated crossings.

On Monday, August 23, 2021, 08:55:57 AM CDT, James Robichaux <robichauxenterprises.jr@...> wrote:

Seeing a picture of the UP 4014 crossing over the East Bridge spur as it climbed the Huey P. Long Bridge in Jefferson got me to thinking of something.

Are the tracks that go under the two Mississippi River railroad bridges in southern Louisiana the only places in the state in which there are separated grade crossings?

Thanks.

James A. Robichaux