Re: Who writes titles and captions for these photos?

Everett Lueck

The captions for most museum and collection photos are written by archivists, who have to go with what little information that they are provided, especially given that 99% of them know very little about railroads in general, let alone railroad history.  If we want to see correct captions on these photos, if you have information to add or correct on a photo, usually there is somewhere an email link to the archivist or someone, and a photo number on the archive.  Send them a note, with the photo number, and what you can add to it, and they are usually happy to get it corrected.  We have the knowledge, they do not, and they appreciate the help.

On Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 09:31:27 PM CDT, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Another example:
SP Railway Booths???