Garrett TX and bluebonnets

Dennis Hogan

Edited

My wife and I headed for Ennis today to see parts of the Bluebonnet Trail.
Great weather and a bounty of wildflowers out today!
This was the first occasion for me to really explore around Garrett. Just
northwest of where the two ex-SP lines split there was a nice group of
bluebonnets near the ROW where a FM road (1722?) crosses the Ft. Worth Branch.
I saw the headlights of a southbound UP train approaching that road crossing around 4:30 PM.

On a different note, I wish I had brought my topo maps to pinpoint the Texas Midland ROW
around Crisp TX.