15th Annual "24 Hours @ Saginaw" 2021.... is a GO!  Announcement very soon on details.  But, YES, we are having it in 2021, May 28-29, 2021, 7pm to 7pm.

Skip Waters
Dallas, Texas

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 06:38:38 PM CDT, Brian T via groups.io <setphasers2kill@...> wrote:

Several years ago at 24 Hours @ Saginaw (by the way Skip, where we at?), there was a filler presentation in between slide shows of a CBS Special, at least I think it was CBS, about UP's Steam Program.  Heck I think it might have been 844/4 or 3985 back then.

Anyways, the UP steam locomotive was pulling some passenger cars full of kids.  I wanna say it was somewhere between Cheyenne and Omaha, because I believe it was on the triple track main.  Freight trains were highballing right past 844/4Steve Lee was interviewed at the shops, running the train, around the train, etc.

I want to say it was narrated by the late, great Charles Kuralt.  I dunno, I got nostalgic today and for some reason I thought of Charles Kuralt's "On the Road" series, and I remembered this program.

Dies anyone remember this program?

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.