Re: Consist Corner : C&TS snow-clearing train

Jason Rose

No sir.  OY was last used in February/March 2020.

Here’s my video from that trip:

On Feb 23, 2021, at 10:19 AM, Tom Roise via groups.io <tomroise@...> wrote:

Did they use it this year?

Tom Roise

On Feb 23, 2021, at 7:33 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

May 16, 1994 was a day C&TS operated a snowplow train up to Cumbres Pass
and beyond.  The snow that year was not quite as deep as the previous year but
deep enough to use the rotary anyway

At Chama Yard, the following were steamed up:
   OY rotary plow

I think only 489 and 484 were used on the work train.
For those who chased the train, it was an unforgettable experience.
All the preparations lasted 2-3 days before OY left to clear snow.
I believe John Bush was the Operations Manager at the time.

--

Jason Rose

<><

RioGrandeExplorations.net | Ferroequinearcheologist-in-Training

Spring, Texas - MP 209.7 - UP Palestine Sub

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Wendell Phillips

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." – Sgt John Stryker USMC

“Life is too short to deal with other people’s drama.” – Sgt Jason Rose USMC

"It was free men fighting against the minions of tyranny, and the result proved the inequality of such a contest."

    -Texas Secretary of War Thomas Rusk - The day after the Battle of San Jacinto