Re: Navasota interlocking tower

Jim King

That would be the Tower 9 I referenced, and they are not the same. The Santa Fe crossing was Tower 41.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jerry Storrs
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 4:39 PM
To: Jim King
Cc: Dennis Hogan; RailSpot
Subject: Re: [Railspot] Navasota interlocking tower

That tower that Dennis posted could be the crossing of the I&GN and H&TC that was Northwest of the H&TC and GC&SF in Navasota.  The date of the photo is 1907 and at that time I&GN was still on their own tracks from College Station to Navasota.  In fact the two lines crossed three times from Bryan to Navasota.

SPfan

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021, 3:17 PM Jim King <jgking@...> wrote:

Vaguely similar, but not the same. Staircase substantially different, among other items. Doesn’t look like Tower 9, either, at least based on the only photo we have.

http://txrrhistory.com/towers/041/041.htm

Sent from Mail for Windows 10