Re: Marsha update

texaszephyr

They were already warned by Fort Worth about this same issue seven months ago. No one listened or took preventative action.

Clearly an OSHA incident.

On Jan 15, 2021, at 1:36 PM, Gene Poon wrote:

Sorry to hear about Marsha's injury. For now, all you can do is to support her the best you can. Be the bright spot in the day when all else is looking down and the pain is becoming onerous.

Farther down the line, some competent legal advice should be considered since it is a workplace injury and the company's prime concern is going to be limiting its own financial exposure and not an interest in patient recovery and rehabilitation.  Never forget that a corporation is a place where those who count the money are more esteemed than those who make the money.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021, 8:29 AM texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:
I just heard from Katy and here is the latest on Marsha.

Broke her right arm. Is wearing a temp cast but will need surgery to install pins.

Broke her leg somewhere behind or near her knee.

Will not be able to walk, work or drive anytime in the foreseeable future, probably at least eight weeks followed by rehab. She was not able to come home last night, not sure when she will. Looks like she will have to live with Katy because our house just doesn't lend itself to wheelchairs. I used one when I came home several years ago but I didn't have to have my leg extended. She does. So for at least the next 6-8 weeks or so I'm stuck here and she's stuck clear across town.

She can't drive.

I can't drive.

We're screwed.

We're trying to get our money back from the Plano Show but it's not looking good. We are also marking the Tyler show off our calendar, probably New Braunfels as well.

TZ