Re: New railcam in RS territory

Bill Wasinger

According to the VR site, sponsoring an existing cam on their platform runs $3500 a year and sponsoring a new camera runs $5,000 a year.

That said, I saw the Dunsmuir, CA Depot is doing their own railcam stream, though I have no idea how much it costs to put your own stream on YouTube.

Another, more affordable option would be a Google Nest outdoor cam and purchase of a Nest Aware subscription (which is $10/month I think). One could then host that stream on their own site (though it would lack the viability of a YouTube stream).

Bill in OKC

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! Oklahoma - Our tornadoes go to F6!

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 11:51:50 AM CDT, Skip Waters <wgcrush@...> wrote:

What kind of costs are we talking about?

Skip Waters
Dallas, Texas

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 11:37:46 AM CDT, mardechris via groups.io <mardechris@...> wrote:

I am working really hard to get Virtual Railfan cameras at Marshall.  Unfortunately, the museum can’t afford to host these so we need sponsors.

Marde

On Oct 25, 2020, at 8:50 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

Good to know about this one!
There are also Virtual Railfan cameras at Texarkana, Big Sandy, Tower 55 (Ft. Worth) and Belen--all in Railspot territory.

Until the SOUTHWEST CHIEF went tri-weekly I used to watch the railcam at La Plata MO in the evening about 7:30.