Re: Texas City Shay

Don Harper

It is.

On Oct 21, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Kenneth Cotton <kbcotton@...> wrote:

As far as I know the caboose is back at the museum.

Ken C.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Christopher Zurek
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 4:03 PM
To: RS-TALON@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Railspot] Texas City Shay

Whatever happened to the caboose?

Chris Z.

On 10/7/2020 08:00, Don Harper wrote:
That is correct Dennis.  The Shay was sold to the Knoxville outfit.  They will restore it and run it.  It is much closer to home than it was in Galveston.

The loan to Texas City was a fiasco.  The Shay and a caboose were loaned in exchange for boiler work being done on the 555 Consolidation.  The company that said they would do the boiler work reneged, and the Museum board didn’t do anything about the contract being broken.  I initiated the effort to get the Shay and caboose returned to the Museum after it has been in Texas City for 25 or so years.

Don Harper

On Oct 7, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Dennis Hogan <denmeg_hogan@...> wrote:

There are reports that the Shay locomotive on loan to Texas City by the Galveston
Railroad Museum is on its way to the Three Ramblers operation in Knoxville TN.

Any corrections to that report?

https://www.galvestonrrmuseum.org/fullscreen-page/comp-jiw1h9p7/34d85867-a93b-47f9-9138-a14fca3b14b4/2/%3Fi%3D2%26p%3Dh4cer%26s%3Dstyle-jivyb9rh

Avast logo

<DAE8CDE238164C7384E26C9C7001705D.png>