Re: Ft. Stockton 9-23-20

D. Howard Bingham

Unrelated:  Presidio used to be in weather reports as the hottest place in Texas.  (IIRC is in a valley with little air circulation.)

D. Howard Bingham

--

On 9/29/2020 7:18 AM, Dennis Hogan wrote:
I think the line is still owned by the state of Texas and operated by Texas Pacifico.
The section south of Paisano Pass is overgrown with vegetation. I noticed a rare
lighted signal with a fixed semaphore blade just south of the junction with the UP.

Nothing of note in Presidio except the town is dead.  Our favorite eatery (El Patio) was
temporarily closed.  Lots of other closed businesses.
The old Santa Fe depot is gone.   There's a derelict container unloader nearby, some drying
sheds, and an old black-painted fuel or water tank.
_._,_._,_