Re: Trains on the Hereford Sub August 1&2

Tom Roise

Thx for showing the whole train.  I’m bored with the power. Now want to see the cars. Especially the manifest trains...

Tom Roise

On Aug 17, 2020, at 12:42 AM, Nathan Herring <panhandlerails@...> wrote:

August 1

Spent a few hours between Amarillo and Canyon playing with the new lens. Didn’t take many pics but got a couple from the morning.

BNSF 5770 leads an eastbound Z train to a stop at Zita as they were waiting for a landing spot in Amarillo For their crew change.

I decided to take a shot at the McCormick Rd crossing. Another eastbound Z prepares to stop at second out Zita as they too were waiting for a landing spot (4 mains and still a bottleneck)

August 2nd

Met up with a friend on the western end of the Hereford Sub near Black. Z trains were a plenty this day as all the trains I caught were Zs

First train I caught was a hotshot eastbound Z9 led by BNSF 3958

Next up was a westbound Z that was getting back up to speed after waiting for the train ahead.

We made our way west towards Friona where I captured another Z9 with a Friona in the background.

A few minutes later a westbound Z passed by

We made our way back into Hereford where we captured brand new ES44C4 3268 leading a westbound Z past the grain elevator in Hereford

Here is the video from the weekend available in 1080p HD

Thanks for looking