Re: Chicago questions

texaszephyr

Thanks for the info!

TZ

On Jul 7, 2020, at 4:55 PM, Michael Matalis <mmatalis@...> wrote:

Can’t help you with the Lee Work Clothes building, but here’s a link to an article about the 16th St crossing.

Thank you kindly,

Michael Matalis
Downers Grove IL

See my life laid out before you on LinkedIn!
You can see my photos and my ugly mug at http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairierailfan/sets/
And you can now find me and my fine felines on Facebook!

On Jul 7, 2020, at 4:14 PM, texaszephyr <texaszephyr@...> wrote:

I realize that this isn't RS related except for the fact that the two roads in question did come to Texas. So hopefully someone can answer these before I get shot.

Q1. There used to be a building next to Dearborn Street Station that featured a large "Lee Work Clothes" billboard painted on the south side of the building. It shows up in a lot of Santa Fe Texas Chief photos taken at Dearborn. Does anyone know the name of the building as if its still there today (billboard included)?

Q2. There is an interlocking tower at 16th Street in Chicago that has (or had) about 12 diamonds. The north south line (4 sets of tracks) is the former Rock Island and possibly someone else as well. Does anyone know what railroads crossed on the three east-west tangent lines there? My bet is that it was two different lines. I need current and previous operators of all lines that passed the 16th Street Tower during the 1970s.

Thanks!