Re: Tower 18 crossing

Jim King

Makes sense – lots of similar – looking DART bridges in Dallas.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: texaszephyr
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 5:04 PM
To: Jim King
Cc: RS-TALON@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Railspot] Tower 18 crossing

The new track and bridge is for the FW to Grapevine commuter line that goes to DFW airport.

TZ

On May 30, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Jim King <jgking@...> wrote:

Admittedly, it has been closer to two decades than one since I have driven by the Cotton Belt / Joint Track crossing in northeast Ft. Worth where Tower 18 was located. I decided to let Google Street View drive me over there and whoa! When did they build a rail bridge for the FW&W / ex-Cotton Belt tracks over this junction? What purpose does it serve? There’s still a ground level track so the diamond has not been eliminated. How is the connector on the northwest quadrant being used?

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8239082,-97.2826989,3a,37.5y,75.3h,92.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxsalfEJLNJhif2YH92yvqw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Ft. Worth experts, please explain! I need to update the Tower 18 page on the Tx Towers website, but I certainly can’t ignore this development.

Jim King

Sent from Mail for Windows 10