From: Dennis Hogan
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 11:27 PM
To: RS-TALON@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Railspot] Belt Jct.

Let me throw in some more information that might clarify or muddle this whole quest.
I suspect there might be confusion from the use of the names Hodge, Hodge Jct., and Hodge Yard.

This 1889 topographic map shows the community of Hodge where the FW&DC connected with the T&P/MKT:
http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/texas/txu-pclmaps-topo-tx-fort_worth-1889.jpg
The FW&DC crosses the Cotton Belt just north of there but the crossing has no name.

A 1925 T&P List of Stations indicates the following on the Denton Division:
235.46   Watauga
238.23   StLSW crossing (telegraph)
240.05   Hodge
241.20    Belt Jct. (with Ft Worth Belt)(telegraph)
               North Ft. Worth
This is the first time I've realized that Hodge designated a location on the T&P (Joint Line).
Now Belt Jct. shows up on a 1920 map Pete Charlton sent me years ago.  (See attachment.)

Now let's look at a 1954 StLSW ett #1 (Southern Division/Ft. Worth Sub):
622.31   Smithfield
              T&P crossing
627.73    Swestern
630.20    Hodge (Yard)
632.15    Tower (crossing with FW&DC, CRI&G, FtWB, and GC&SF)
634.84    5th St. Station (Ft. Worth)
[Instruction 10-C says Swestern, Hodge, North Ft. Worth, and Ft. Worth comprise one yard.]
Not the same Hodge here as the one mentioned in the T&P station list!
Question:  When did Hodge Yard appear on the Cotton Belt?