Intermodal on the OKT

Bill Wasinger

Bit of an unusual train on the Union Pacific's Enid and Duncan subs (former Rock Island trackage) today as a southbound intermodal train went through Okarche, OK at 1517 (led by UP 5882). I realize there's nothing unusual about seeing an intermodal train these days, but on the former OKT it is extremely rare. Coal, grain, manifest, auto racks, oil cans, rock trains, and frack sand yes. But intermodal? Almost never. In fact, In the 10 years that I've had regular eyes on this line, I'd bet that this might be only the third or fourth ever in that time (on a TWC secondary line that sees an average of eight trains a day…)

Assuming it's headed to Fort Worth, but you know what happens when you assume…

Bill in OKC
~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! Oklahoma - Our tornadoes go to F6!