Re: RS : So what did I see?

Bill Wasinger

Thanks Tom. Sounds like we were both headed in the right direction. Someone else pointed me to a posting on the Diesel Roster Data list which said they were for the "Colorado & Central Texas (previously known as the Heart of Texas/HTR, and Gulf, Colorado & San Saba/GCSR)"

GMTX 2203
GMTX 2223
GMTX 2225
GMTX 2604

Latter two may have been relettered for OMLX. Sounds like they'd been sitting in Temple since early September.

BW

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! Oklahoma - Our tornadoes go to F6!

On Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 2:35:48 PM CDT, Tom Roise <tomroise@...> wrote:

Probably all off the railroad that closed in Brady. Central Texas as you said. The other two were backup power for planned growth that never came.
On their way to Larry’s up in Ohio?

Tom Roise

On Oct 30, 2019, at 2:19 PM, bwasinger@... [RailSpot] wrote:

Saw a northbound BNSF manifest through Edmond, OK at 755 this morning with some unusual color in the consist. However, as I was driving, I'm not sure what I saw. While the first three engines were various pumpkins followed by a CSX unit, the next four appeared to be 4-axle shortline engines. The first two had a red, white and blue scheme and the state of Texas outlines on the cowl. The other two looked maroon and grayish.

Preliminary research tells me the first two might have been Central Texas and Colorado River Railway power (CTXR and/or GMTX), but I have no clue on the latter two units (again, I was driving and didn't get a good look.

Anyone have thoughts on what I saw and where they were headed?

Thanks in advance!

Bill in OKC

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~! Oklahoma - Our tornadoes go to F6!