RS : Re: BNSF Lacassine. La

Perry Templeton

As I understand it, BNSF is making a very strong play for UP and KCS petro chemical business in the Lake Charles and Westlake area. The "support" yard in Lacassine is part of BNSF's master plan to handle that new business. The business at BNSF's SIT yard at Dayton should not be affected. Perry Templeton

From: RailSpot@... [mailto:RailSpot@...] On Behalf Of 'Mark St. Aubin' setxrailfan@... [RailSpot]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:37 PM
To: j-barlow@...; RailSpot@...
Subject: Re: RS : Re: BNSF Lacassine. La

Jimmy/all,

The BNSF did get the old SP yard at Lafayette in the merger agreement as well as the former SP main between Iowa Jct (MP 205.4) and West Bridge Jct (MP 10.2)  BNSF also shows Lacassine as having a siding that is 13,961' at MP 203.2

I wonder what will happen to BNSF's SIT yard at Dayton yard when Lacassine is up and going?

Mark St. Aubin

On Friday, February 27, 2015 9:14 AM, "j-barlow@... [RailSpot]" <RailSpot-noreply@...> wrote:

Looks like it will have 8-10 tracks at its widest and be roughly 2.5 miles long overall.  Didn't BNSF get the old SP yard in Lafayette?  That's only about 50 miles east of Lacassine, and Beaumont (TX) is ~75 miles west.  Business must be rather brisk for them to build a new yard of this size not that far between existing major yards.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recently announced new connector between UP's Rabbit Line and BNSF/TIBR/BNSF's Longview-Beaumont line in Tenaha TX?  Hmmmmmmmm.........

Jimmy

---In railspot@..., <ptempleton@...> wrote :

At 11p, I've now heard a wb receive a warrant from Lafayette to CTC ESS LACASSINE . It appears there is now ctc in affect from ESS Lacassine to Iowa Junction. Perry Templeton