MIA - Missing for over two weeks.

John Larkin

I had several things going on in the O scale world until about 2-1/2 weeks ago when winds over 65 damaged our satellite antenna.  When I found out that ViaStat was going to take an extended period of time to get out for repairs I started checking into other options.  Hughes satellite was almost as bad, and even our local cable company was 7-10 days out.  I did get my cell phone linked up (thanks to a smart daughter helping her dumb Dad) and started trying to clean out some of the over 1,000 emails that had accumulated but after a couple ofy few hours one evening I found out the cell phone connection is very limited and was back to no cell.  After Hughes rescheduled for another week later I had just about started putting telegraph poles in when I got hold of US Cellular and found a device called an "Orbi" that I didn't know existed.  It basically gets the data from the cell phone towers and allows you to link via coax or RJ45 to your computer and better yet, wirelessly your computer.  Better yet, it's cheaper than the satellites and much faster as well.

So as of today I'm now back in touch with the groups and owe several people replies and follow ups so I can get a couple of requests out and hopefully make sure I've got everybody paid.  If I owe you a reply or you have questions, please contact me and I'll hopefully be back in the modern world again - and maybe in a day or so I'll get the over 1,400 emails completely caught up!  Apologies if I missed something with anybody out there!

John Larkin