Group DescriptionThis group is for following along with Rick Bell as he presents on-line internet clinics about railroad prototype modeling. Specifically he does DCC installations on HO models (primarily) and are "High End" type installations. On occasion he will have a guest present a clinic.
RPM "on-line internet clinics" are the next step in the evolution of assisting everyone with their railroad modeling endeavors. The clinics present prototype research photos and information followed by step-by-step explanation and photography of how to build models based upon specific prototypes. Participants are encouraged not only to follow along, but to ask questions, make comments, and offer suggestions as each clinic progresses. These clinics are "interactive". This site is closely associated with Bob Harpe's clinic group and other RPM groups.
From time to time we may show or add files from such prototype modelers as Bob Harpe, Jim Six, Tony Sissons, Larry Puckett, and many others.
This site will deal more with the technical details of installing DCC decoders, both sound and motor types, into specific types of locomotives, digitizing old negatives and slides for use in detailed prototypical modeling, as well as other technical issues.
WE WILL BEGIN SOON TO TRANSFER SOME OF THE OLDER FILES TO RPMclinics-RickBell-REPOSITORY.
- 1,300 Members
- 2,992 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.