Topics

Microphone?

PeteWK8S
 

Is there a microphone recommended for the RGO One?  Brand? Model?

Pete WK8S

Charles Agosti
 

I was wondering that also
the stock Mic is OK but i wonder  If RGO one radio is
designed to accept a ICOM or Kenwood or Yaesu factory Mic?
 
WD8AXA
RGO SN 6

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:09 AM PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a microphone recommended for the RGO One?  Brand? Model?

Pete WK8S

 

 



--
Charles Agosti
State Systems Radio
Portage Mi.
269-349-1935

PeteWK8S
 

I didn’t realize a mic came with it. I don’t have the radio yet, I’m still on a waiting list. I hope it becomes available soon! I’m ready!

Pete WK8S


On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:53 AM, Charles Agosti <charlesagosti@...> wrote:

I was wondering that also
the stock Mic is OK but i wonder  If RGO one radio is
designed to accept a ICOM or Kenwood or Yaesu factory Mic?
 
WD8AXA
RGO SN 6

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:09 AM PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a microphone recommended for the RGO One?  Brand? Model?

Pete WK8S
 
 


--
Charles Agosti
State Systems Radio
Portage Mi.
269-349-1935

PeteWK8S
 

Charles,

How do you like the RGO? How is it on CW? Fast return to receive?

Pete WK8S

On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:53 AM, Charles Agosti <charlesagosti@...> wrote:

I was wondering that also
the stock Mic is OK but i wonder  If RGO one radio is
designed to accept a ICOM or Kenwood or Yaesu factory Mic?
 
WD8AXA
RGO SN 6

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:09 AM PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a microphone recommended for the RGO One?  Brand? Model?

Pete WK8S
 
 


--
Charles Agosti
State Systems Radio
Portage Mi.
269-349-1935

Petr Ourednik
 

Pete,

the RGO-ONE is delivered including well made, rugged hand microphone. It is good quality mike with TX LED in the front and IP54 classification. 

See the pictures in Photos section. 


73 - Petr, OK1RP

PeteWK8S
 

Thanks Petr,

I really looking forward to getting my hands on one (no pun intended). Hopefully soon.
Actually for me a mic is not a problem as I am more a CW guy. I’m not great at it but have enjoyed it for over 40 years.

Pete WK8S

On Mar 10, 2020, at 1:57 PM, Petr Ourednik <indians@...> wrote:

Pete,

the RGO-ONE is delivered including well made, rugged hand microphone. It is good quality mike with TX LED in the front and IP54 classification. 

See the pictures in Photos section. 


73 - Petr, OK1RP


Charles Agosti
 

I have only used it with a straight key so my cw is about 12 wpm
but the qsk is good

I bought mine last year and have used it in the field mostly  picnic table portable ...lower voltages, battery power  and RF from near by antennas
and it has worked perfectly.

I now have it side by side with my Icom 7200 at home station and often compare the RX with the 7200,,  The
RGO one has better weak signal reception on quiet bands like 20M where my noise floor is low

If I have one complaint I think my tuning knob spins too easy I may add a thin felt shim to provide some drag .

Charles
  RGO SN. 6
Portage Mi
WD8AXA 


On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 4:04 PM PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Petr,

I really looking forward to getting my hands on one (no pun intended). Hopefully soon.
Actually for me a mic is not a problem as I am more a CW guy. I’m not great at it but have enjoyed it for over 40 years.

Pete WK8S

On Mar 10, 2020, at 1:57 PM, Petr Ourednik <indians@...> wrote:

Pete,

the RGO-ONE is delivered including well made, rugged hand microphone. It is good quality mike with TX LED in the front and IP54 classification. 

See the pictures in Photos section. 


73 - Petr, OK1RP




--
Charles Agosti
State Systems Radio
Portage Mi.
269-349-1935

marthaandgreg@...
 

It is excellent for cw. Very responsive and smooth.

Greg, N7GR


On Mar 10, 2020, at 12:53 PM, PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier@...> wrote:

Charles,

How do you like the RGO? How is it on CW? Fast return to receive?

Pete WK8S

On Mar 10, 2020, at 10:53 AM, Charles Agosti <charlesagosti@...> wrote:

I was wondering that also
the stock Mic is OK but i wonder  If RGO one radio is
designed to accept a ICOM or Kenwood or Yaesu factory Mic?
 
WD8AXA
RGO SN 6

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:09 AM PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a microphone recommended for the RGO One?  Brand? Model?

Pete WK8S
 
 


--
Charles Agosti
State Systems Radio
Portage Mi.
269-349-1935

LZ2JR
 

Hello Charles,
RGO ONE microphone pin assignment is same as YAESU MH-31A8J (with RJ-45 plug), but the difference is that yaesu mic uses dynamic element. RGO ONE has internal bias for supplying mic electret element. So if you decide to use YAESU mic make sure that the mic element is changed with electret type, or just place DC blocking capacitor in series with mic line.
We do already have microhone adapter to HEIL SOUND headset garniture. It also fits wide spread PC headset/mic garnitures.

73, Boris

LZ2JR
 

Hi Pete,
Standard microphone for RGO is made by our partners TYT electronics - China. It is well secured and is IP54 proved. Same mic is used in their FM radios. Mine .. I love my Motorola mic that I was scavenged from very old scrap FM transceiver ( you can see that mic on some previous photos :) ). It is heavy, big and knurled cable is of very very good quality although it is 30+ years old.
73, Boris