Topics

Memory Mode and Scan Mode - HOW TO?

PeteWK8S

Are the MEM (memory storage) and SCN (frequency scan) functions enabled in the current firmware?

I am not able to enter a frequency into the Memory Channel 00 or even change the Channel number.

I am also not able to activate frequency or channel Scan.

The manual does not discuss these modes much. Is that because they are not available yet?  Manual doesn't state this.

Pete WK8S

LZ2JR

Hi Pete,
scan is still not available. I will check memory write function
Regards,
Boris

PeteWK8S

Boris and others,

There is NO problem with MEM Mode. My issue was not reading and understanding the procedure in the RGO Manual. Once I carefully followed the steps on page 23 a few times I found it works just as described. My problem was not going into the MNU (menu 08 StorE) to perform the actual write to memory.

LZ2JR

For the future, we could add MEMORY TUNE function - i.e. changing the frequency during memory mode

PeteWK8S

To Boris and All,

I had ask Boris about Memory Tuning.  We don't really need that feature after all.
I just discovered that if you are in MEM mode, select a Channel that contains a frequency you want, and you Long Press A=B button, the contents of that memory channel will be transferred to VFO A and will exit the MEM mode. Perfect!

Maybe this is not news to everyone else but it wasn't apparent to me. ;-)

Steps to Transfer contents of a Memory Channel to VFO A.

1. Long Press MEM button, rotate encoder 3 to desired Channel number.
2. Long Press A=B button.
Done!

Klaus Brosche, DK3QN <dk3qn@...>

Nope, Pete, I disagree.

I don't want to get a memory channel transferred to VFO A or B in order to be tuneable.

A memory channel is a memory channel, and for conveniance reasons, it should stay as a memory channel
and should be tuneable as such.

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 26.05.2020 um 18:59 schrieb PeteWK8S via groups.io:

To Boris and All,

I had ask Boris about Memory Tuning.  We don't really need that feature after all.
I just discovered that if you are in MEM mode, select a Channel that contains a frequency you want, and you Long Press A=B button, the contents of that memory channel will be transferred to VFO A and will exit the MEM mode. Perfect!

Maybe this is not news to everyone else but it wasn't apparent to me. ;-)

Steps to Transfer contents of a Memory Channel to VFO A.

1. Long Press MEM button, rotate encoder 3 to desired Channel number.
2. Long Press A=B button.
Done!

PeteWK8S

Actually Klaus I agree with you and that is why I originally requested the feature.

Until I discovered I could move a RGO memory channel to a VFO, I could not understand what function the memory channel served. Unless, of course you enjoy the old rockbound experience.

However, I did not want to distract Boris from his planned firmware development for less important requests. I’d rather he first work on getting the Beacon and Scan functions working

I posted my note mostly to share my discovery with anyone who hadn’t stumbled onto that undocumented procedure.

Pete WK8S

On May 26, 2020, at 2:41 PM, Klaus Brosche, DK3QN <dk3qn@...> wrote:

[...]

Pete,

For beacon etc. scanning, I use an RSP1A SDR in combination with SDRuno Software,
price for the little SDR RX including shipping from the UK to DL-land is abt. 132 Euros.

To give you some impression of the functionality, please see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndMWIK1JLbQ

As far as RGO-ONE goes, imho, it is a classical ham radio frequency superhet transceiver
and it is really great on that. And it should not be treated as a Scanner.

73, Klaus, DK3QN

Am 26.05.2020 um 23:20 schrieb PeteWK8S via groups.io:

[...]

I am surrounded by mountains near pikes peak. Don’t have the Ham activity you’re blessed with In Europe so scanning a band is nice while working on a soldering project.

Pete
pmeier at me.com