Re: [R1b-L513 Project] R1b-L513 Descendant Tree update

Class1 Driver

Mike:

Your Descendant Tree chart has Galbraith and McIntyre descending from Z17816, but they should descend from Z17813.

Do you know how these two men came to share/test the same SNP in BY34838?  Very interesting. Is this an example of where Alex's chart has fallen behind?  I suspected this McIntyre was different from the other L193 McIntyres, especially since he (347690) and another McIntyre (57594) share the 640=13 STR and the latter does not share the very slow moving 434=10 which the other group of McIntyres (BY2634 suspected) share.

The 434=10 STR  has been seen in L193-only men who have tested positive for BY2634, including Wood, Mcintyre, Ferguson, and Wilson. It seems apparent that 434=10 is a predictor marker for BY2634 amongst L193 men.

Recommendation for McIntyres: Those with 434=10 should test for BY2634, and possibly for some of the 7 private SNPs held by #676804 McIntyre. Click on the surname on Alex's chart to access private SNPs http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=10

#57594 Mcintyre should test for the BY34838 SNP held by #347690 Mcintyre.

For the 7 McIntyres I've bcc'd with this email, please feel free to contact me for any clarifications. I match you all at 67 STR markers, and you are all at least L193/S5982, as I am: Darrel, George, William, Fred, Scot, Albert, Ted.  See our public L513 Haplogroup Project pages here https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-l513/about/background
There are two types of Y-DNA mutations: STRs, and SNPs.  STRs are what are used on our personal Matches pages. SNPs, often referred to as Haplogroups, are the only mutations we can use to build our paternal trees.  See the left side blue background of the Descendant Tree Chart on the above link to our Background page for men descending from L193 man. L193 man was likely born around 2900 years ago, but all L193 men share a common paternal ancestor born approximately around 200 AD (my personal calculation).

Best,

Daryl

On Feb 6, 2018 9:29 PM, "mwwdna@... [R1b-L513-Project]" <R1b-L513-Project@...> wrote:

I've updated the R1b-L513 Descendant Tree.  A PNG graphics version is on the R-L513 project About pages.

There are quite a few changes so please review them!

This should align very closely with the R-L513 project Y Classic and Colorized reports as well as the actual FTDNA haplotree for L513.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/R-L513?iframe=yresults

FTDNA has been more responsive in reviewing new Big Y results and automatically naming SNPs and adding branches.  Still, some branches can and have fallen through the cracks so we need to watch closely as new Big Y and Pack results come in.

There seems to been some benefit to the conversion to Hg38 as I've noticed some people that were re-assigned haplogroup labels to be more detailed and a few more branches were identified. I think this is because the Hg38 reference model is improved so FTDNA was able to make more confident variant (SNP) calls.

The only misfortune is that now the Big Tree has fallen behind. It is the best view of the tree, in my opinion, because it shows phylogenetic equivalent SNPs without having to click on pop-up buttons, etc.  However, I don't see how it can keep pace at this point. It will still be important and we still need to submit our VCF raw results files to the Y DNA Data Warehouse, but I don't think we can assume the Big Tree is the most current or correct tree since it is a mix of the old Hg19 VCF files and new Hg38 VCF files and has to make assumptions in some cases because it does not use the BAM file data like YFull or FTDNA do.

Mike W

Posted by: mwwdna@...

Please remove extraneous information when replying. The project web site is https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-l513/about

.