Re: [R1b-L513 Project] Re: Galwyddel/Lidell/Little?

Class1 Driver

Jim:

I went to the FTDNA Galbraith Project, and only found our own L193>Z17813 Galbraith there, and no other apparent L513 Galbraiths, so the answer seems to be no, Drummonds were not part of the Galbraith clan as we know it.  The Galbraith surname seems to be spread out amongst different haplogroups.  Maybe it had more of the 'foreign Briton' meaning intitially -- possibly before the clan part took hold?

Maybe John Galbraith could weigh in on the subject.

Best,

Daryl

On Sep 18, 2017 6:13 PM, "'James Drummond' jimdrummo@... [R1b-L513-Project]" <R1b-L513-Project@...> wrote:

Daryl,

Great question, “are the Drummonds actually Galbraiths?”

I am curious to know the answer.

Jim Drummond

Join R1b-L513@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.