Win 10 fix for problems loading QSI drivers


Lou
 

Attached is a file sent from Frank that he was trying to upload to the files section for  the group. He wasn't successful and neither was I so here it is for your own personal use. This is not available in the files section here. Don't be alarmed by the file name - it is a safe file.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks Frank.

Lou


peteski7
 

For some reason members (like me or Frank, or you) are not permitted to modify the Files section in any way.  Can't upload files or even create folders.  Seems very counterproductive.  Not sure what the problem is.  I just tried again and still, I cannot do any of the above mentioned actions.  I have no problems with Files uploads in other groups on this site.

I contacted the group's owner (directly) about this some time ago, but I never got a reply.  Why are we blocked from uploading items to the Files section?   Maybe the owner will respond here.

Peteski


On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 06:38 PM, Lou wrote:
Attached is a file sent from Frank that he was trying to upload to the files section for  the group. He wasn't successful and neither was I so here it is for your own personal use. This is not available in the files section here. Don't be alarmed by the file name - it is a safe file.
 
Lou


Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
 

A setting needed redoing.  I fixed it as one of the  owners.
Members can now upload.  If the problem persist send ME another note
TCC:}


On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 06:36 PM, peteski7 wrote:
For some reason members (like me or Frank, or you) are not permitted to modify the Files section in any way.  Can't upload files or even create folders.  Seems very counterproductive.  Not sure what the problem is.


Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
 

OK
I created a folder caller 'QSI Drivers'  I will upload all the drivers I have and maybe some new ones if I can find them.  Does anyone know what SiLab chip is used in the QSI hardware.

TCC:}


Greg Elmassian
 

I don't want to get into a competition on who's method is right or wrong, but there's more information out there, and as I mentioned, different versions of CVManager can do different things, and the latest version does not have all the special features that were developed for the titan. Also there are different versions of the SiLabs driver that are required for the different versions of CVM and Q2upgrade.

This information and more is at the link I gave in the other topic.

The latest version I have of CVManager is 3.1.0.39, newer than 3.1.0.7

For convenience, I will repeat my entry page for QSI here:

https://elmassian.com/index.php/dcc/specific-manufacturers/qsi-equipment#subpages

There are 10 sub pages on more specific information, one is just for installing Q2Upgrade, CVManager, and the driver.




Greg


peteski7
 

Thank you TCC!


On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 11:07 PM, Talmadge C 'TC' Carr wrote:
A setting needed redoing.  I fixed it as one of the  owners.
Members can now upload.
TCC:}


ffbrehm@...
 

Well bad on me, I didn’t know attachments would work.

 

Frank

 

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou
Sent: Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:38 PM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: [QSIndustries] Win 10 fix for problems loading QSI drivers

 

Attached is a file sent from Frank that he was trying to upload to the files section for  the group. He wasn't successful and neither was I so here it is for your own personal use. This is not available in the files section here. Don't be alarmed by the file name - it is a safe file.

 

Hope this helps someone. Thanks Frank.

 

Lou


Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
 

Said file is also in the files section. In the 'QSI Driver' folder

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
Sn42 and Hn42 somewhere in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest
group_list@dapenguin.net

On 07May2021, at 13:30, ffbrehm@gmail.com wrote:

Well bad on me, I didn’t know attachments would work.

Frank

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lou
Sent: Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:38 PM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: [QSIndustries] Win 10 fix for problems loading QSI drivers

Attached is a file sent from Frank that he was trying to upload to the files section for the group. He wasn't successful and neither was I so here it is for your own personal use. This is not available in the files section here. Don't be alarmed by the file name - it is a safe file.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks Frank.

Lou