Where is the official download site for CVManager and Quantum Upgrade programs?

Greg Elmassian

I looked on the files section here, nothing.

I looked on the qsindustries.com web sit, not there.

Are people supposed to request these softwares by email?

Also what are the current versions?

I'd sure like a reply from a QSIndustries employee.

Thanks, Greg

Ed.Sauers

Greg,

go to this site and download the Quantum upgrade and CV manager.

https://shedaker.wixsite.com/shedaker/revolution-era-documents

Ed Sauers

On 1/16/2021 9:52 PM, Greg Elmassian wrote:
I looked on the files section here, nothing.

I looked on the qsindustries.com web sit, not there.

Are people supposed to request these softwares by email?

Also what are the current versions?

I'd sure like a reply from a QSIndustries employee.

Thanks, Greg

peteski7

Greg,
Couple of weeks ago I was also searching for that info. When I found it I wanted to post it to the group's Files section (to make it easy to find), but for some reason I'm not allowed to upload anything to the Files section. I contacted the group's owner about this, but never received a response.  Not sure that the problem is. . .

Peteski

Greg Elmassian

Edited

Yeah, there's no place to get the latest (or even know the latest) version.

Josh is gone, and he was not a QS Industries employee.

Very weird that these 2 softwares are not somewhere hosted by QS Industries.

The latest versions I have are
CVManager 3.1.0.39
QuantumUpgrade 3.1.0.5

Anyone have anything newer?

I have the groups.io site QSI-Solutions, I guess I better start uploading files there....

Greg

Jay Beckham

Yeah, there's no place to get the latest (or even know the latest) version.

Josh is gone, and he was not a QS Industries employee.

Very weird that these 2 softwares are not somewhere hosted by QS Industries.

The latest versions I have are
CVManager 3.1.0.39
QuantumUpgrade 3.1.0.5

Anyone have anything newer?

I have the groups.io site QSI-Solutions, I guess I better start uploading files there....

Greg

Greg Elmassian

that is not OFFICIAL, note the topic title please!!!!

Josh Shedaker is not an employee of QS Industries.

Surely there is a new version by now.

And that site is falling apart, files are disappearing...

So, maybe I have to email one of the QS Industries people eventually... I'll wait a bit longer and see if one reads this thread.

Greg

Ed.Sauers

Greg,

The following is my opinion on the QSI support effort.

Most of the members on this group are long term supporters of QSI, we stay in support of QSI because the Titan is still the best and most sophisticated DCC decoder on the market.

We would all love to have more info., updates and new products but these things are going to take extra time due to the lose of Josh, QSI did not just loose one person, Josh was the QSI support arm, and with his exit QSI had to scramble to cover multiple areas of support without any prior notice. QSI Isn't Microsoft or Apple so when they lose a worker like Josh it could take years to recover from that (how many sound engineers would be willing to work for a model railroad decoder company?, I sure they are in demand) it would take a person that has a love for model railroading sounds and the model railroad hobby itself.

Most of us are willing to wait and hope that QSI will some day be able to return to the level of support that was present before Josh made his exit but until then we wait patiently and hope for the best!.

Ed Sauers

On 1/24/2021 9:53 PM, Greg Elmassian wrote:

that is not OFFICIAL, note the topic title please!!!!

Josh Shedaker is not an employee of QS Industries.

Surely there is a new version by now.

And that site is falling apart, files are disappearing...

So, maybe I have to email one of the QS Industries people eventually... I'll wait a bit longer and see if one reads this thread.

Greg

Jay Beckham

That may not be the official site but it is the only site as far as I know.   Ask Terry from QSI if there is one.

Jay Beckham

God Bless America!

My Blog https://jaysoscalelayout.blogspot.com/

Join us at JayOScaleLayout+subscribe@groups.io

that is not OFFICIAL, note the topic title please!!!!

Josh Shedaker is not an employee of QS Industries.

Surely there is a new version by now.

And that site is falling apart, files are disappearing...

So, maybe I have to email one of the QS Industries people eventually... I'll wait a bit longer and see if one reads this thread.

Greg

peteski7

Well Greg,
AFAIK, the only person on this forum who  *IS* QSI is Kelly.  Not sure why he (or QSI) is not hosting the files in their website, but I seem to recall that even he referred QSI customers to Josh Shedaker's (partially broken) site for QSI sound files and other software/documentation downloads.  What are we to do?

I also suspect that Shedaker's website does in fact have the latest versions of the files - I don't recall any new products or sounds being released after Titan.

Peteski

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 09:53 PM, Greg Elmassian wrote:

that is not OFFICIAL, note the topic title please!!!!

Josh Shedaker is not an employee of QS Industries.
Surely there is a new version by now.
And that site is falling apart, files are disappearing...
So, maybe I have to email one of the QS Industries people eventually... I'll wait a bit longer and see if one reads this thread.
Greg

kelly dorf

Gentlemen.

I hear all of you, trust me. With all this covid stuff going on, my wife and I have been juggling shifts as well as the grandson.
All of the files you seek are archived and property of QSI. Josh lost the rights when he bailed, however, some of his wix files are still out there.
I have been tasked with updating the QSIndustries.com web page.  Trust me, it wont look as snazzy as Josh's, but it should give you all the links you need.
In the mean time, please feel free to email me at qsindustries224@....

Thanks for all your support.
Kelly
QSI

Greg Elmassian

Kelly, is there any issue with having CVManager and Quantum update in the files section of this forum?  I also "own" the QSI Solutions forum on groups.io, so I could put what I have there in the files, but would seek OK from QS Industries first.

And finally, can you tell me what the current version of each is?

Clearly Josh's site has not been updated in a long time, so what is there for these programs must be out of date.

Thanks, Greg

peteski7

Greg,
I'm fairly certain that what is on Josh's site is the  latest versions of everything.  QS Industries has not been very active in developing new software.

So there is a "sister" group called 'QSI Solutions" on group.io?  How active is it?

I also wonder if you will be able to upload anything to this group - I tried and was not able to. I contacted the group owner about it, but I never received a reply.

Peteski

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 02:18 AM, Greg Elmassian wrote:
Kelly, is there any issue with having CVManager and Quantum update in the files section of this forum?  I also "own" the QSI Solutions forum on groups.io, so I could put what I have there in the files, but would seek OK from QS Industries first.

Clearly Josh's site has not been updated in a long time, so what is there for these programs must be out of date.

Lou

QSIS is the owner of some of the decoder designs, and sound files, and software. Since QSIS is long gone there are not and will no longer be updates. There really is no need for updates as the product hasn't changed since the last version was deleted.
Lou

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:18 AM Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:
Kelly, is there any issue with having CVManager and Quantum update in the files section of this forum?  I also "own" the QSI Solutions forum on groups.io, so I could put what I have there in the files, but would seek OK from QS Industries first.

And finally, can you tell me what the current version of each is?

Clearly Josh's site has not been updated in a long time, so what is there for these programs must be out of date.

Thanks, Greg

Greg Elmassian

Edited

This software is used for all QSI updates, the Titans are current manufacture, right? (O scale one is for sale on their site.)

So, based on the many updates for these 2 programs, I find it hard to believe there have been no updates in the years since Josh went away.

Sure would like a comment from a QS Industries employee.

Greg

P.S. I uploaded the latest versions of the 2 programs to the QSI Solutions group, which I manager. All are welcome to join.

Jay Beckham

Greg

Where is the QSI Solution Group you manage?

Thanks

Jay Beckham

My Blog https://jaysoscalelayout.blogspot.com/

Join us at JayOScaleLayout+subscribe@groups.io

This software is used for all QSI updates, the Titans are current manufacture, right? (O scale one is for sale on their site.)

So, based on the many updates for these 2 programs, I find it hard to believe there have been no updates in the years since Josh went away.

Sure would like a comment from a QS Industries employee.

Greg

P.S. I uploaded the latest versions of the 2 programs to the QSI Solutions group, which I manager. All are welcome to join.

Greg Elmassian

Well, if you use the "find or create group" at the top of the page, and put QSI in the search, you would find: https://groups.io/g/QSI-Solutions

Greg

peteski7

Thanks for that info Gregg
The description of your "other" group states:
"Hi, this a forum I started so we have a QSI Solutions forum that is controlled by the QSI solutions people. I'm working with Josh to manage the last of the stock of decoders, and am looking into what it would take to make more of the G scale Titan. Note this is QSI Solutions, not QS Industries"

That is interesting.  I thought that Josh Shedaker was totally out of the picture. No?  Your group's description seems to indicate that he is still involved with OSI decoders?  If so, then you and him probably have the latest in the sound files for all the decoders and Quantum Programmer.  Not sure then why you are asking where to find the latest versions (other than is on Josh's website).

To be honest, having two separate companies managing a line of sound decoders is a bit awkward, but it is what it is.  It is not your doing either.  MAybe that is the reason QSI and QSI-S ended up where it is now - at what it seems to be a dead end.  Those Revolution and Titan decoders were way ahead of its time when they were developed.  I can't even imagine what the next generation woudl look like if the company thrived instead of fading away.  I suspect thay woudl give ESU and ZIMO run for their money.

I'm still amazed at the functionality and programmability of the Revolution decoder in my Walthers//Life-Like N scale 2-8-8-2 loco.  The 400+ pages manual clearly speaks to that decoder's capabilities. And that was back about 14 years ago!  That decoder still has the most accurate BEMF-synched chuffs from any other sound decoder I have worked with.

Peteski

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 05:18 PM, Greg Elmassian wrote:
Well, if you use the "find or create group" at the top of the page, and put QSI in the search, you would find: https://groups.io/g/QSI-Solutions

Greg

Greg Elmassian

I'm trying to work with Josh on some details about the production of the G scale Titan. That's all I will say on that subject at the moment.

Realize that he had sound files for more than the Revolution and Titan G, so your questions about sound files should be answered, remember that the other decoders are support and sold by QS Industries.

Also I asked about CV Manager and Quantum Update, both written, updated, and maintained by QS Industries.

I am in discussions with QS Industries about the future of the Titan series, and again that is all I will say now.

I will state I am pursuing the possibility of a business venture between myself and the "QSI entities".

I still have a number of Titan decoders.

Greg

peteski7

Thanks for answering my questions Greg.

Peteski