WEAVER 3rail Reading Crusader with QSI-OEM & DCRU.

Geoffrey Dobbin

Hi at QSI

I sent you an email 4days ago regarding this locomotive and QSI system to establish the correct controller/transformer to use.

Did you receive it, but are very busy and have not had a chance to reply yet?

Do any of the group members know what modern units are compatible with this QSI system that are affordable rather than $400-700 range.

Thanks

Geoff.

kelly dorf

Hi Geoff,
I did see your email. Sorry for not being prompt. I was hoping to see if I could find some of the original documentation. Basically any lionel transformer will work. I have always been partial to the model 1033. Dont use a MTH 750.  I will keep looking for more information. I would look on E-bay for reconditioned lionel units.

Kelly

---In QSIndustries@..., <dobfry@...> wrote :

Hi at QSI

I sent you an email 4days ago regarding this locomotive and QSI system to establish the correct controller/transformer to use.

Did you receive it, but are very busy and have not had a chance to reply yet?

Do any of the group members know what modern units are compatible with this QSI system that are affordable rather than $400-700 range.

Thanks

Geoff.

kelly dorf

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the delay, I was looking for documents.
I have replied to your other email.

Kelly

Geoffrey Dobbin

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the emails,most appreciated.
Looking online at various forums and histories I have realised that the  ‘’QSI-OEM ‘’ is the name of the unit fitted to the locomotive,with a DCRU.
I was assuming that the OEM part of Weavers description was just a conformation that the unit was their original choice!! Oh well, we live and learn.

You can see that I and my fellow members know little of US  3rail !!

SO, it appears that the QSI-OEM was your original unit and you have generated to QS-1 ,QS-2,QS-2+.
I  await your document search results with great interest.
I will start looking at Lionel and other approved controllers as noted in my paperwork.

Regards