Tital-A Keep alive document

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Group,

I thought there was a document on the WIX Site that defined how to connect a Two Wire KA (TCS KA3) to the Tital A boards bit I cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

kjlovesya

Hi Ed,

You can check the files section here.   I don't recall if the Titan A is included but the principles are the same.   You have to connect the Keep Alive device across the output of the full wave bridge rectifier.   Blue wire to +12V and Black with white striped wire to - (common ground).

The Titan A has a relatively large soldering hole (feed through) near midway down the length of the board, close to one of the long sides.  It's clearly marked.

The - side shares the same black wire as the small, wired, external capacitor.   You can verify these with a meter (highly recommended).

Best regards,
KJ

KJ,

Thanks, I thought there was a one page file on the Wix site that actually showed the soldering points.

Ed

On 11/11/2021 9:39 AM, kjlovesya via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ed,

You can check the files section here.   I don't recall if the Titan A is included but the principles are the same.   You have to connect the Keep Alive device across the output of the full wave bridge rectifier.   Blue wire to +12V and Black with white striped wire to - (common ground).

The Titan A has a relatively large soldering hole (feed through) near midway down the length of the board, close to one of the long sides.  It's clearly marked.

The - side shares the same black wire as the small, wired, external capacitor.   You can verify these with a meter (highly recommended).

Best regards,
KJ

bigfourroad

Your wish my command. See attached PDF.  Cheers,  Chris

J Chris Rooney CFA
Vanness Company
Tel: 904-280-1898
Fax: 904-280-1898
Email: Vannessco@...
Web: www.VannessCompany.com
On 11/11/2021 9:48 AM, Ed.Sauers wrote:

KJ,

Thanks, I thought there was a one page file on the Wix site that actually showed the soldering points.

Ed

On 11/11/2021 9:39 AM, kjlovesya via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ed,

Best regards,
KJ

Greg Elmassian

I went on the wayback machine, there was a one page hookup for the Titan U, not the A.

Greg

Paul B/Indy

Link please?

Paul B/Indy

On Nov 11, 2021, at 11:18 AM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

I went on the wayback machine, there was a one page hookup for the Titan U, not the A.

Greg

Greg,

OK, Thanks

I know where the +12V is so if I connect the Blue KA wire to the +12V and the black to the same pad that the small Caps Black is connected to shouldn't I be OK?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

On 11/11/2021 11:18 AM, Greg Elmassian wrote:

Greg

Greg Elmassian

go to the internet wayback machine... just google it...

then you put qsisolutions.com into it.... and then you can pick pages from a day/month/year (you see a calendar).

At that point you can usually see the web site and navigate.

I'm saying this because it is worth the effort how to use this tool.

http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/titan/Using_a_Lenz_Power_1_Module_with_a_Titan_U_Decoder.pdf

Greg

Paul B/Indy

Many thanks!!

Paul

On Nov 11, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

go to the internet wayback machine... just google it...

then you put qsisolutions.com into it.... and then you can pick pages from a day/month/year (you see a calendar).

At that point you can usually see the web site and navigate.

I'm saying this because it is worth the effort how to use this tool.

http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/titan/Using_a_Lenz_Power_1_Module_with_a_Titan_U_Decoder.pdf

Greg

kjlovesya

Hi Ed,

Always verify with a meter, but yes, blue wire to +12 V and black w/white stripe to black wired capacitor is good.    You can check the black wire against the bridge rectifier - (ground) .   Two of the larger 'black block' diodes will be sharing the same - (ground).

Best regards,
KJ