Tital-A Keep alive document

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Group,

I thought there was a document on the WIX Site that defined how to connect a Two Wire KA (TCS KA3) to the Tital A boards bit I cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed Sauers

kjlovesya

Hi Ed,

  You can check the files section here.   I don't recall if the Titan A is included but the principles are the same.   You have to connect the Keep Alive device across the output of the full wave bridge rectifier.   Blue wire to +12V and Black with white striped wire to - (common ground).

  The Titan A has a relatively large soldering hole (feed through) near midway down the length of the board, close to one of the long sides.  It's clearly marked.

  The - side shares the same black wire as the small, wired, external capacitor.   You can verify these with a meter (highly recommended).

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

KJ,

Thanks, I thought there was a one page file on the Wix site that actually showed the soldering points.

Ed

On 11/11/2021 9:39 AM, kjlovesya via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ed,

  You can check the files section here.   I don't recall if the Titan A is included but the principles are the same.   You have to connect the Keep Alive device across the output of the full wave bridge rectifier.   Blue wire to +12V and Black with white striped wire to - (common ground).

  The Titan A has a relatively large soldering hole (feed through) near midway down the length of the board, close to one of the long sides.  It's clearly marked.

  The - side shares the same black wire as the small, wired, external capacitor.   You can verify these with a meter (highly recommended).

bigfourroad

Your wish my command. See attached PDF.  Cheers,  Chris

J Chris Rooney CFA
Vanness Company
Tel: 904-280-1898
Fax: 904-280-1898
Email: Vannessco@...
Web: www.VannessCompany.com
On 11/11/2021 9:48 AM, Ed.Sauers wrote:

KJ,

Thanks, I thought there was a one page file on the Wix site that actually showed the soldering points.

Ed

On 11/11/2021 9:39 AM, kjlovesya via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ed,

  You can check the files section here.   I don't recall if the Titan A is included but the principles are the same.   You have to connect the Keep Alive device across the output of the full wave bridge rectifier.   Blue wire to +12V and Black with white striped wire to - (common ground).

  The Titan A has a relatively large soldering hole (feed through) near midway down the length of the board, close to one of the long sides.  It's clearly marked.

  The - side shares the same black wire as the small, wired, external capacitor.   You can verify these with a meter (highly recommended).

Greg Elmassian

I went on the wayback machine, there was a one page hookup for the Titan U, not the A.

Greg

Paul B/Indy

Link please?

Paul B/Indy

On Nov 11, 2021, at 11:18 AM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

I went on the wayback machine, there was a one page hookup for the Titan U, not the A.

Greg

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Greg,

OK, Thanks

I know where the +12V is so if I connect the Blue KA wire to the +12V and the black to the same pad that the small Caps Black is connected to shouldn't I be OK?

Thanks

Ed Sauers

On 11/11/2021 11:18 AM, Greg Elmassian wrote:
I went on the wayback machine, there was a one page hookup for the Titan U, not the A.

Greg

Greg Elmassian

go to the internet wayback machine... just google it...

then you put qsisolutions.com into it.... and then you can pick pages from a day/month/year (you see a calendar).

At that point you can usually see the web site and navigate.

I'm saying this because it is worth the effort how to use this tool.

http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/titan/Using_a_Lenz_Power_1_Module_with_a_Titan_U_Decoder.pdf

Greg

Paul B/Indy

Many thanks!!

Paul

On Nov 11, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

go to the internet wayback machine... just google it...

then you put qsisolutions.com into it.... and then you can pick pages from a day/month/year (you see a calendar).

At that point you can usually see the web site and navigate.

I'm saying this because it is worth the effort how to use this tool.

http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/titan/Using_a_Lenz_Power_1_Module_with_a_Titan_U_Decoder.pdf

Greg

kjlovesya

Hi Ed,

Always verify with a meter, but yes, blue wire to +12 V and black w/white stripe to black wired capacitor is good.    You can check the black wire against the bridge rectifier - (ground) .   Two of the larger 'black block' diodes will be sharing the same - (ground).