Reset questuon

Banjotrain

I have an early decoder - C. 2004. It has a V7 chip.
It is normal for sound and motion but every time I power it on, it resets.

Any reason for this?  (Other than its ceased to be and has met its maker?)

Thanks Erik

Marcus Ammann

Hi Erik

The Reed Switch is shorted.

Remove the Reed Switch and you’ll be good to go.

If you ever need to reset the decoder, temporarily short out the connection for the Reed Switch and apply power.

Reset will be announced on start up then remove the temp link.

Regards

Marcus