Question for QSI

kjlovesya

What happens if I install HO firmware into an O scale decoder?   I've got a Titan - FX/DO O scale decoder with the wrong sound file installed.   I need the sound for an ALCo 251 12 cylinder prime mover.   Currently, there are no O scale versions of that file available.   What would happen if I installed the HO scale Titan version of the ALCo 251?

KJ

Joó Ferenc

I installed G scale sound files in my FX-DO. Had some error message but skipped that and it works fine. Except the ports...

Üdvözlettel,
Best regards,
MfG,

Ferenc Joó
Correspondent for Hungary
TREU - Today's Railways Europe
IRJ - International Railway Journal
GSM:   +36204141621

NOHAB Apartment
8263 Badacsonytördemic
Debreczenyi u. 9. / HUNGARY
"The holiday apartment on Lake Balaton
with its own garden railway!"

kjlovesya via groups.io <kjlovesya=yahoo.ca@groups.io> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc. 11., Cs, 15:41):

What happens if I install HO firmware into an O scale decoder?   I've got a Titan - FX/DO O scale decoder with the wrong sound file installed.   I need the sound for an ALCo 251 12 cylinder prime mover.   Currently, there are no O scale versions of that file available.   What would happen if I installed the HO scale Titan version of the ALCo 251?

Thanks Joo!   However, that doesn't answer my specific question.  I'm looking for specific technical help from QSI regarding HO files in a Titan FX-DO.   They seem to be ignoring my questions.   Kelly???

Greg Elmassian

I agree with Joo, I believe you will get sounds, but the ports (inputs/outputs/lights) will be messed up.

I don't think you can damage the decoder doing this if you don't try connecting to the ports.

Greg