quantum programmer

Alan Wightmore

Greetings, after a recent windows update the driver for my quantum programmer were removed and windows won’t let me reinstall them. i know that the program was working within the last six months as I have one steam engine that I have to reprogram the long address every once in a while. Does anyone have any insight on how to reload the USB driver or if an updated driver is available?

Thank you, Alan Wightmore.

ffbrehm@...

Alan,

Look in the files area for Windows 10 fix to install QSI programs. I just uploaded it. This is how I got Win10 to let install the drivers.

Frank Brehm

-----Original Message-----
From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Wightmore
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 10:22 AM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: [QSIndustries] quantum programmer

Greetings, after a recent windows update the driver for my quantum programmer were removed and windows won’t let me reinstall them. i know that the program was working within the last six months as I have one steam engine that I have to reprogram the long address every once in a while. Does anyone have any insight on how to reload the USB driver or if an updated driver is available?

Gilbert Buras Jr

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of ffbrehm@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] quantum programmer

Alan,

Look in the files area for Windows 10 fix to install QSI programs. I just uploaded it. This is how I got Win10 to let install the drivers.

Frank Brehm

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Wightmore
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 10:22 AM
Subject: [QSIndustries] quantum programmer

Bob

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/160rqzGv9KTPXmoFxgmY1sVKH_Oo_MHnp 
Go to the above site and go to manuals then to program and see the section on how to get it to work with windows 10. I have to do it every time there is a major update to windows. Not that hard to do. Email me and I can send the PDF file.
Bob C
gmrc405@...

Alan Wightmore

Thank you everyone for the information, I have it running now. One thing I find odd is that the driver is not showing up in the control manager and don’t know what COM port it is assigned to. Also JMRI won’t connect to the Quantum programmer.

Alan 

On Oct 24, 2021, at 11:57 AM, Bob via groups.io <GMRC405@...> wrote:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/160rqzGv9KTPXmoFxgmY1sVKH_Oo_MHnp 
Go to the above site and go to manuals then to program and see the section on how to get it to work with windows 10. I have to do it every time there is a major update to windows. Not that hard to do. Email me and I can send the PDF file.
Bob C
gmrc405@...

Dave Robinson

Pardon me for asking, but why is the programmer needed to set the long address?
The long address is just two CVs.  Any method/interface to set CVs should work, shouldn't need the programmer.
Am I missing something or is there some other wrinkle involved here?

Dave in Edmonton

Alan Wightmore

Dave, I also have to load some sound files.
Alan.

On Oct 25, 2021, at 17:54, Dave Robinson <daver@...> wrote:

Pardon me for asking, but why is the programmer needed to set the long address?
The long address is just two CVs.  Any method/interface to set CVs should work, shouldn't need the programmer.
Am I missing something or is there some other wrinkle involved here?

Dave in Edmonton